The UKES builds bridges between the various groups and communities involved in evaluation, providing a forum to consider differences and similarities in the problems they face - intellectual, ethical and professional standards, principles and practices; the theory, practice, utilisation and methods of evaluation; education, training and professional development; the need to represent the interests of those concerned with evaluation to governments and other bodies in the UK and elsewhere.
In order to achieve this, the activities and services provided by the UK Evaluation Society include the following:
- the Annual Two-Day Evaluation Conference
- occasional one-off specialist national events
- a programme of regional workshops, seminars and training events run by the regional networks
- the UKES website and e-bulletins - keeping people up to date with what's happening in the world of evaluation in the UK and beyond. We are currently developing a dedicated members area with access to archived copies of the current volume of The Evaluator; learning materials; lists of current members and interests
- Guidelines for Good Practice in Evaluation - the principles and frameworks for action that are useful to guide evaluation practice in a variety of contexts
- Evaluation Capabilities Framework – promoting a culture of professionalism to enhance good practice in evaluation
- The Evaluator - giving a voice to members through the publication of a magazine 2-3 times a year
Individual UKES membership is open to anyone with an interest in the theory, practice or use of evaluation.
The annual UKES individual membership rates in 2016 are:
£70.00 + £14.00 VAT = £84.00
£35.00 + £7.00 VAT = £42.00
Benefits of individual membership include:
- Discount rates at UKES conferences (up to 20% reduction)
- Free or reduced rate attendance at UKES network events
- UKES magazine, The Evaluator, published 2-3 times per year
- UKES eBulletin
- Access to UKES website www.evaluation.org.uk
- Free recruitment and tender advertising on UKES website
- Discount of 37.5% in subscription to Evaluation Journal
Institutional membership enables a broader group of individuals within your organisation to access the benefits and services of the UK Evaluation Society, thus diversifying the level of your engagement with the wider evaluation community.
It ensures that your organisation has a named contact on the UKES Council with whom you can discuss your networking, training and other evaluation development needs and who can, if appropriate, liaise with other organisations to consider joint responses to those needs.
It provides flexibility and discounts with respect to participation in the annual UKES conference and the professional development events it offers – and gives you a voice in designing them.
Institutional members act as sponsors for the Society's aims and objectives - to help promote and improve the development and use of evaluation and its contribution to social welfare.
Additional benefits of institutional membership include:
- Attendance of an unlimited number of staff at the annual UKES conference at a 20% discount, with the first place charged at the full rate
- Opportunity to put on displays of publicity and other materials at the annual conference and other events for free (space allowing)
- Free access to seminars (but not training workshops and events) that may be organised by the Society for up to five members of staff
- Priority access for up to five members of staff at the prevailing participation costs through early notification of training, seminar and other events where the number of places is limited
- Up to five copies of the Society’s magazine The Evaluator
- Link from the UKES website to your own website
- Opportunity to advertise job vacancies without charge on UKES website and in eBulletins
- Opportunity to publicise your organisation in The Evaluator, in publicity materials for the annual conference and appropriate training events and seminars
The annual UKES institutional membership rate in 2016 is:
£400.00 + £80.00 VAT = £480.00
Evaluation Journal Discount for Members
The following special discount for members in the cost of the Evaluation Journal has been negotiated with SAGE:
Individual subscription, print only: £43.75
Individual subscription, e-only: £40.00
This represents a 37.5% discount in the usual price.
If you wish to subscribe to the journal on this basis you should email firstname.lastname@example.org, stating that you are a UKES member.