Membership currently includes evaluation professionals, practitioners and evaluation commissioners from national and local government, the research community, independent consultancies and the voluntary sector, representing a range of inquiry fields including social services, economic development, education, science and technology, health care management and policy.
The UKES builds bridges between the various groups and communities involved in evaluation, providing a forum to consider differences and similarities in the problems they face - intellectual, ethical and professional standards, principles and practices; the theory, practice, utilisation and methods of evaluation; education, training and professional development; the need to represent the interests of those concerned with evaluation to governments and other bodies in the UK and elsewhere.
In order to achieve this, the activities and services provided by the UK Evaluation Society include the following:
- the Annual Conference, including pre-conference practitioner workshops
- an annual national training/CPD event run jointly with another professional association
- a programme of regional workshops, seminars and training events run by the regional networks
- the UKES website and e-bulletins - keeping people up to date with what's happening in the world of evaluation in the UK and beyon. We are currently developing a dedicated members area with access to archived copies of the current volume of The Evaluator; learning materials; lists of current members and interests
- Good Practice Guidelines - the principles and frameworks for action that are useful to guide evaluation practice in a variety of contexts
- The Evaluator - giving a voice to members through the publication of a newsletter 3 times a year
Individual UKES membership is open to anyone with an interest in the theory, practice or use of evaluation.
The annual UKES membership rates in 2014 are:
£70.00 + £14.00 VAT £84.00
£35.00 + £7.00 VAT £42.00
Membership entitles you to a reduced fee at UKES seminars, training events and the Annual Conference and receipt of the UKES Newsletter "The Evaluator" and regular e-bulletin updates
Institutional membership enables a broader group of individuals within your organisation to access the benefits and services of the UK Evaluation Society, thus diversifying the level of your engagement with the wider evaluation community.
It ensures that your organisation has a named contact on the UKES Council with whom you can discuss your networking, training and other evaluation development needs and who can, if appropriate, liaise with other organisations to consider joint responses to those needs.
It provides flexibility and discounts with respect to participation in the annual UKES conference and the professional development events it offers – and gives you a voice in designing them.
Institutional members act as sponsors for the Society's aims and objectives - to help promote and improve the development and use of evaluation and its contribution to social welfare.
Specifically, institutional members enjoy the following benefits as well as those above:
- an unlimited number of your staff can attend the annual UKES conference at a 20% discount with the first place charged at the full rate
- the opportunity to put on displays of publicity and other materials at the annual conference and other events for free (space allowing)
- free access to seminars that may be organised by the Society
- priority access through early notification of training, seminar and other events where number of places are limited
- a substantial discount on the international journal Evaluation, published by Sage
- up to five copies of the Society’s newsletter
- a link from the UKES website to your own website
- the opportunity to advertise job vacancies without charge in The Evaluator and on the UKES website
- the opportunity to publicise your organisation in The Evaluator, in publicity materials for the Annual Conference and appropriate training events and seminars
£400.00 + £80.00 VAT = £480.00
Evaluation Journal Discount for Members
The following special discount for members in the cost of the Evaluation Journal has been negotiated with SAGE:
Individual subscription, print only: £43.75
Individual subscription, e-only: £40.00
This represents a 37.5% discount in the usual price.
If you wish to subscribe to the journal on this basis you should email firstname.lastname@example.org, stating that you are a UKES member.
To join the UKES
The UK Evaluation Society
1 St Mary's Courtyard