25 - 27 May 2021
Join us at the UK Evaluation Society Annual Conference 2021
Registration is now open for the UK Evaluation Society Annual Conference 2021. Come and join us (virtually) along with hundreds of colleagues from across sectors and disciplines and around the world as we explore this year’s theme:
Evaluation and Evaluative Thinking: Insights for methods, capabilities, culture, and implementation
The practice of evaluation and evaluative culture is developing and this year’s UK Evaluation Society Conference will highlight the wealth of initiatives and innovations emerging. It will be a forum for our community of practice to nurture and cultivate evaluative thinking and the evaluative practices that support and encourage it. Find out more about this year’s theme.
UK Evaluation Society Members receive an exclusive discount on conference registration. If you are not already a Member, you can purchase a conference ticket that includes one year’s Society membership so you can take advantage of all our exclusive member events and resources throughout the year!
Your conference registration includes:
- A programme of over 40 speakers and contributors, including three keynotes, spaced out over three days
- Networking opportunities with colleagues all over the world
- Access to watch recordings of presentations up to four weeks after the Conference
To make the conference a truly interactive experience for all delegates, we will be using Hopin to host the event. Hopin provides a central virtual hub where delegates can explore the programme, choose and move between different sessions, share chat messages, network with other delegates and visit sponsor displays.
More about our programme
We are delighted to confirm that Professor Thomas Schwandt and Professor Trish Greenhalgh, who were due to deliver keynotes at our postponed 2020 conference, are able to join us this year. Plus, we are excited to announce that Professor Alison Park and Dr Rachel Iredale will be co-delivering our third keynote of the conference. All of our keynote speakers will reflect on issues at the forefront of evaluative thinking which is not to be missed!
- Professor Thomas Schwandt will explore evaluative thinking as a collaborative or collective social practice as well as the way it is conventionally depicted as involving individual cognitive capacities for analytical and critical thinking
- COVID-19 is the biggest global issue of our time, and evidence has never been more prominent and central to the debate – but has also been politicised. Professor Trish Greenhalgh’s keynote will share her experience of building consensus of evidence and its translation into policy and operations for the COVID-19 response.
- Professor Alison Park and Dr Rachel Iredale from the UKRI Economic and Social Research Council will explore evaluative thinking from a funder’s perspective and its role in research funding strategy.
We are delighted to welcome Will Hutton, incoming President Academy of Social Sciences, Professor Thomas Schwandt, our Keynote speaker and Dr Alison Girdwood, UK Evaluation Society to the Delegates’ Bar during the Conference.
Make sure you book your virtual seat at the conference by registering now! We’ll be posting updates on Hopin and social media (follow us on Twitter @UKevaluation and #UKevaluation)
Evaluative thinking is a valuable topic for people working in a wide range of professional fields, not only for those working directly in evaluation. Whether you are new to evaluation or very experienced, from academia, government, consultancy or civil society, you will have a lot to share, learn and debate at this Conference convened by the UK’s leading membership organisation for evaluation professionals and practitioners. Register now while you are thinking about it!